Sunday, July 5, 2015

New Blogger

These are my badass onion goggles. No more tears! 


Tonight as I was uploading roughly 1,500 photos onto my computer (obviously because I had run out of room on my iPhone, yet again), it occurred to me that at least 60% of my photos from the last year are of food. New recipes, old recipes, dining out on lavish meals and delicious hole in the wall pizza...you name it. Food. It's everywhere, and I can't stop thinking about it. Or talking about it. Or eating it.

About three years ago I realized that I had literally no idea how to cook. I'd been a foodie who appreciated high quality food and restaurant exploration (understatement: I lived for it), but I was unable to do much more than follow a simple recipe. When I did get up enough motivation to attempt a recipe, the mediocre cooking was usually accompanied by utter chaos in the kitchen, and an insane clean up aftermath. So one day, three years ago, I said to my roommate: "This is the year I will learn to cook." It's a work in progress, but I've come a long way from my meager beginnings in the kitchen. 

Instead of just obsessively taking pictures of my food so that I can look at them over and over again by myself--let the blogging begin! At the very least, I'm hoping this will be a fun way for me to keep track of the recipes, creations, and dining experiences that I have. Maybe someone else could find it helpful too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment